Thursday, August 27, 2009

mask me!

And so I saw this article in one blog that I'm following. I figured that while I'm currently obsessed with my face to be so makinis and practicing selca (from my previous blog) I read it as it was interesting. I'm making it a habit to mask my face every sunday (Nakakaisang sunday pa lang ako kaya nga MAKING a habit ;p).



Natry ko na before ung Neutrogena mask, last nung night before graduation rehearsal wherein 3AM na ata ako natulog and to think I'm expecting a photoshoot! Sa mask ko na lang binawi, and there, ok naman! Hindi halatang puyat ako. My face still looked fresh, radiant and moisturized. That's why I really believe in masks.. it's like the ultimate Spa for your face. I also tried iWhite, the cheap ones I saw in Watson's for like 3-4 times. This is also the one I used last Sunday. I liked this, not just because it is cheap but because its paste-like when left on the face. Feel na feel ko talaga nakamask ako, plus I can move (at least the rest of my body) without thinking if the mask would fall like those of 'gauze masks'.

7

I also noticed the leads in a lot of kdramas were masking with fresh cucumbers all over the face when tomorrow will be a big day, usually kapag may date. Very thin slices of cucumbers that circle around the face, just like in Ratatouille. Saw a poor copy in google:



Facial masks that use a cucumber are great because of the diuretic, cleansing, and cooling properties that the cucumber provides. Cucumbers are useful in reducing facial puffiness, especially around the eyes. Other vegetable masks using carrots, artichokes, etc., can also be beneficial for the skin, providing it with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.

Cucumber recipes found here.
' "Lettuce contains lots of vitamin A, vitamin B, iron, calcium as well as essential amino acids that calm your skin," she said. It softens the skin's tone, which is usually toughened and darkened due to repeated sun exposure.

Peptine in tomatoes brightens your skin, she added, while grapes have lots of vitamins and minerals that help "revitalize" your skin. The sugar, protein, fat and vitamins of bananas keep your skin moist and clear, she said.
'
- The Korea Times

I also found a vegetable toner here. Nice! I might try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment